TV Property Expert, writer & broadcaster
martinrobertstv | 38.6k Reach
Martin Roberts Biography
Martin Roberts is one of the UK’s most respected Property, Travel and Lifestyle TV presenters and journalists. Over the past 30 years he has appeared on BBC TV and Radio, ITV, CNN and Satellite TV Worldwide. He was a regular presenter on ITV’s top rated travel show ‘Wish You Were Here..?’ for 8 years and the travel editor of ‘Woman’ magazine for 15 years.
For the past 17 years he has written and presented the hit BBC property auction show ‘Homes under the Hammer’, which is shown on BBC1, Satellite and internet Channels Worldwide and is now in its 25th series, with over 1750 programmes produced.
He is a respected UK and Overseas Property expert, appearing as expert guest on programmes such as ‘BBC Breakfast’ , ‘BBC News 24’, ‘Sky News’, the Jeremy Vine Show and BBC Radios 2, 4 & 5 Live. His weekly property show on Talk Radio ran for over 60 episodes until recently.
He has been a guest stand in presenter on Radio 2 in the Jeremy Vine slot from 12 – 2pm, presenting a DIY special on several Bank Holiday Monday’s, answering listeners questions live, and chatting to celebrity guests.
He has been a celebrity guest on Eggheads, Celebrity Mastermind, Pointless, Ready Steady Cook, Masterchef, Through the Keyhole, The Chase, Impossible, Antiques Road Trip, Money for Nothing, Kirsty’s Craft Challenge and Hole in the Wall.
In November 2016 Martin entered the Australian Jungle to take part in ITV’s flagship family entertainment show “I’m a Celebrity…Get me out of here!”. Watched nightly by over 12 million viewers, his hatred of beans and rice, love of trees and talcum powder, and fun, engaging and spirited character made him hugely popular with the viewing public. He ended in sixth pace, surviving all but two days in camp.
Martin is also Author of the best selling book Making Money from Property, his most recent title The Property Auction Guide and the children’s book series The Villes – including a dedicated version - Sadsville – in support of the NSPCC and Childline.
Speaking Skills & Corporate engagement abilities
1. Corporate Host / Event Compare - Martin has worked alongside numerous organizations to host or compere specific events. From the National Landlords Association conference and Lincolnshire Chamber of Commerce awards, to the Staffordshire Women’s Institute and the Institute of Travel and Tourism AGMs.
He is comfortable working to a script or ‘ad lib’ and can interview anyone from members of the public to CEO’s. His relaxed style and friendly approach puts all at their ease and brings the best out of any interviewee.
For the last two years Martin has also acted as event host and compare for ‘Strictly fun dancing’ in aid of Weston Hospice Care.
2. Special Guest/After dinner Speaker - Martin has appeared as a guest speaker at various corporate conferences and events, entertaining the audience with presentations about the state of the property market or anecdotes from him time on Homes under the Hammer or I’m a Celebrity, get me out of here, and answering unscripted audience questions. He can illustrate any talk with humorous and entertaining video clips and slides.
3. Expert/Celebrity lecturer
Martin can present to a wide cross section of age and demographic of audience, talking about the state of the property market, offering inspirational and motivational advice and guidance on becoming a property investor, or giving an insight in to the “behind the scenes” workings of TV, and in particular the making of Homes under the Hammer. Past engagements include everything from a large gathering of legal professionals, to a major house builder.
Martin has also been a guest lecturer on P & O and SAGA cruise ships, giving a series of linked lectures and taking part in Q & A sessions with passengers.
4. Expert Interviewee - Martin is often invited to appear on news based television and radio shows to provide expert comment or opinion on current property stories. Amongst others, BBC Radio 2 (Jeremy Vine Show), Radio 4 (Moneybox), SKY News 24 & BBC Breakfast have all called on him for opinion and listener/viewer advice.
5. Charity Auctioneer - Martin has been a very well loved and successful auctioneer at various charity and fundraising events - having beaten, time and time again, the charity’s own fundraising targets and expectations.
Charities that he has worked for include; Make a Wish, Born Free Foundation, NSPCC, Animals Asia, the Willow Foundation, Bristol Children’s Hospital, Marie Curie Care, Children’s Hospice South West and the Wallace & Gromit Grand Appeal.
TV Presenting and corporate showreels, information and testimonials relating to Martin’s TV, corporate and charity work are available on www.martinroberts.co.uk
Bath, England, GB
Please contact me for specific pricing
Demographic data for @martinrobertstv's audience is available for free to influence.co users.
Sign up for free by clicking the button below.
Click the button below to login or create a free account.
There is so much more you can do for free just by signing up.
Claim your profile and join nearly 200K influencers, creators, businesses and experts in the industry. Members can contact each other, get access to advanced search tools, see detailed audience demographics, and much more.